Friday, June 18, 2010

Pasta, nope Pizza, nope Pasta!!

I had planned to make another suggestion from DF Chrystal from my facebook post but everything got all mixed up!

I had everything ready to make a spicy pasta with cream sauce over bowties but ended up with a surprising appointment for work. I figured since it was at 4:30 I wasn't going to be able to come home and prepare dinner the way I wanted to. DH had to pick DD up at daycare today, so before I left for work in the afternoon I pulled some pizza dough out of the freezer. I instructed him that he could just make that up and we'd have pizza for dinner tonight.

I arrived home at about 5:30 and they were arriving at the same time! I was all ready to make the pizza, only the dough was still semi frozen!!! ahhhhhh!! DH was complaining about being hungry RIGHT NOW!!! So I told him it would take just as long to go out to eat than if I just made what I was going to originally make after all. He didn't like that as an answer so I told him go down to Wendy's then, but I'm making pasta!

Well I forgot that it was going to be a spicy pasta. So I added some olive oil to the chicken, garlic powder, and season salt. I let it marinate for a about 5 minutes then cooked it up.

For the sauce I found a basil cream sauce on foodnetwork.com by Guy Fieri. In clean saute pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, when melted, add in remaining basil (I picked some fresh from my pots outside. I used quiet a bit.), saute until crisp and butter is just very lightly browning. Add in remaining cream (I used 1 1/2 cups of milk) and reduce to thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. Of course this did not thicken like I wanted it to. So I began the old corn starch trick. In the end I added too much and it kind of got like tapioca.

It was edible, but no big hit in my house. DD wouldn't even touch it and we had to feed her something else instead. DH said it was too salty. I completly forgot to take a picture of it altogether, sorry. The left over pasta part was really good though. I guess if you mixed the right amount of corn starch or flour in it would be a really good dish. Also if I had made the chicken spicy like my first intention, it would have been better as well.

3 comments:

  1. Im so glad to be named in this post lol.. Here is the link to the recipe i use
    http://annies-eats.com/2009/07/10/louisiana-chicken-pasta/

    its an awesome recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'd name you! It was your idea!! I just looked this up and it looks super yummy!! Also looks much much better than my recipe! I will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its amazing.. just watch how much salt you put into it. When i made it i thought it was too salty so i usually cut back and add more after i taste it.. same with the cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning.. The cajun seasoning i buy at the store has salt in it which i didnt realize till after i made it!! so watch that salt!!

    ReplyDelete