Monday, June 14, 2010

Chips & Salsa

I know, nothing fancy, but oooo so good! This is what I had for lunch today and I thought it looked so pretty on the plate I wanted to share! The chips I first had on Memorial Day at my DF Jillian's house. They are made by Garden Fresh Gourmet. They are based out of Michigan, so you might be able to get them at Whole Foods. Mine came from Heinens. The salsa is the sweet onion fresh salsa from Giant Eagle. Their salsa is actually really good.

Tonight we had Sausage, Peppers, and Onions. I didn't picture it because it's a common dish in our house. I peel the skins off of the sausage, I don't like the way they smell when they are cooking. Then I cut them length wise so they can cook faster. I don't chop them up because then you don't know what a serving size and in case you didn't know a serving size is one sausage. Cutting them lengthwise lets you know that two slices equals one.

I started this back when we did "The Biggest Loser Challenge" at work in 2006. Back then we used turkey sausage, but have since switched back to Italian sweet sausage. I think because when I started weight watchers in 2009 I found that the Italian sausage was worth less points than the turkey sausage.

I cook those up and once I see they are pretty well cooked I add onions and peppers that are thinly sliced. I also add some spices, usually the Italian trifecta as I call it; basil, oregano, and parsley. I add in some fresh cut garlic and usually a can of some type of tomato, this time was a stewed tomato. Then I just let that all cook together. Once we plate it we add cheese to the top, either parmesan or mozzerella.

Voila, a very easy, healthy week night dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment