Friday, June 25, 2010

Louisiana Chicken Pasta

Today we didn't even leave the house! DH worked on my back brakes all day. Now the noises coming from my car are gone, yay!! I spent the day cleaning, laundry, organizing, cooking!

I make jello about once or twice a week for DH to take to work. It's much cheaper than buying the packs at the store. I have a bunch of the little 1/2 cup glad containers, which is one serving size of jello. I buy the family size package and usually get about 9 cups out of it. Costs about $2.00 about, when 6 packages premade are usually over $3. I'm going to soon start to rotate between jello and pudding for him. We buy the pudding premade now. Only thing I hate is that he won't eat instant, he wants it to be cook and serve, argh!!

I also make simple syrup once a week for my ice coffee. I make ice coffee about twice a week (1 pot of coffee cooled and put in the fridge). I also make ice tea about once a week for DH. I cut up fruit today as well. I made an angel food cake as well. DH had bought everything to make it on a run to the grocery store (which is why he is not allowed to go there very often!!!). I also went through all the baby clothes from my SIL. For me that seemed like so much, hahaha!

For dinner I made a recipe that DF Chrystal recommended to me on another post. It comes from a website called Annie's Eats and is Louisiana Chicken Pasta. It was good, so good DH had seconds. It was also a very simple recipe that only took me about 1/2 hour to cook.

I of course didn't follow directions, haha! I was worried about it being too salty from DF Chrystal's suggestion and I was also worried about it being too spicy for DH. I did not salt or pepper the chicken. I just put the cajun seasoning on it. I also did not add salt, pepper or cayenne to the bell peppers and onions. The ingredients mentioned garlic powder, but no where in the recipe did it tell you where to use it. So I put it in with the bell peppers and onions. Instead of half and half I used up some whole milk that I had.

I made one of my famous frozen breadsticks as well, hehehe (see earlier post for secret recipe, hehehe!). It made a very good size pan as well. On a week night it would make for some pretty tasty leftover lunches! Only one drawback, DD would not eat it! Only a little and dipped in honey mustard, which I beleive totally ruins any recipe, haha!

I skipped angel food cake after dinner in lieu of going to the movies with some friends and munching on popcorn instead! I went to see Sex and the City 2. I was kind of disappointed in the movie. The first one is much better, wait for the video!

Skillet when it was done.

Plated.

2 comments:

  1. Soooo glad you liked it! When i first made it, it was way too salty! I use 2% milk instead of heavy cream because of calories. Ive used half and half too and it worked well! If it doesnt thicken as much as i want i use a little mozzarella cheese..
    The bread stick looks HUGE in this picture lol. Oh and i never use anything but Bowtie.. in my head it will give it a different taste. I know it wont, but i cant do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have certain pastas for certain things too! hahaha! I can NEVER use ziti's, I don't like them. I know, I know, they are all the same just different shapes, but I don't like them!

    ReplyDelete