Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicken Kabobs

Today I went to work in the morning and had no clue what to make for dinner. So I posted to my facebook asking for suggestions. Once again I am using a suggestion from DF Jillian!

I made Honey Mustard marinated chicken kabobs. I first made a homemade honey mustard. I mixed honey, hot mustard, regular mustard, and some fresh chopped garlic. I placed the chicken in a bowl and covered it with the sauce. A little sauce went a long way. So don't think you have to make tons of it. I let them hang out in the fridge for about 2 hours.

On my kabobs I used onion, summer squash, green pepper, and cherry tomatoes. On DH's I used everything but the tomatoes. I also put less onion on his as he doesn't really care for it, but I add it always for taste. I coated the veggies with some olive oil once they were on the skewer to prevent burning.

Then I sent him out to grill them! I know, so cliche, but I don't grill. That's a guys job, hehehe! I also prepared a salad for us to have with the kabobs. It was a very enjoyable and filling dinner. I know DH liked it because he took leftovers to work the next day!!!!

All the kabobs all done.

The finished plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment