Monday, July 5, 2010

Vermont Apple Sausage Salad

Today DF Mandy went home!  She drove here on Thursday evening with my mom and is driving back today.  She was so sad to leave because when she was here about a month ago, DD wanted almost nothing to do with her.  This visit, DD was calling her name, hugging and kissing her, talking to her.  What a difference a month makes.  So we told her that she had to get a video camera for her computer so she could skype us!

We also got a visit from DF's The Sabin's!  They stopped on their way out of town to say hi and see DS.  After they left, my mom and I took DD to the spray park to play for a little bit.  She still won't really run into the water.  Maybe if she had some of her little friends with her she would.  My mom and her were playing by some squirt guns when they were ambushed by a little boy, hahaha!  We also played on the playground while there. 

For dinner tonight I decided to make a large salad with some sausage on it.  My SIL made this once when I was over her house and I thought it was really good.  I used Al Fresco All Natural Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage.  The only reason I bought these is because I had a dollar off coupon.  They are kinda pricey and only come with 4 of them.  I did see on their website you could get a dollar off coupon, but it looked like you had to sign up for their emails to get it.  Every few weeks there is one on smartsource.com.

I was afraid that my mom wouldn't like it because she is very picky.  BUT she did!!  And I know she wasn't just being nice because she ate up all the salad.  They were pretty tasty.  I even used raspberry vinegarette instead of my usual Cala's dressing!  I still have another dollar off coupon and may have to buy them again, maybe try another flavor.  On their site they had a chipotle chourizo flavored one, but I haven't seen those yet!

Unfortuntely I totally forgot to take a picture of this meal!!  I'm sure we'll have it again sometime, so I'll take a picture then!

No comments:

Post a Comment