Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Shower and Best Gyro's

Today Shane and I went to his first party ever!!  We traveled to the west side for DF Bridget's baby shower.  The food there was so delish!!  They had a great summer menu:
  • Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella skewers with a balsamic drizzle
  • Chicken Salad with Avocado on a Croissant.  The avocado was mixed into the salad and it was so yummy!
  • Some other kind of sandwich on a croissant, but I think it was ham/roast beef or something like that so I didn't take it.
  • A Roasted Veggie Salad that included eggplant, peppers, and squash in a light marinade served cold.
  • Quinoa Salad that had peas, ricotta, and almonds in it.
  • A marinated salmon, I didn't take this either.
  • Homemade cupcakes.
I also love going to showers for new ideas!  Two different people did these cute little clothes lines of baby clothing that were such a cute idea. 

When we left there we went to this store in Rocky River called Planet Green.  I went there in hopes of finding some Bum Genius from a local retailer.  Of course they only had organic ones which cost $24 instead of $17.  Then we went to Whole Foods in University Heights.  I know it said online they had BG's, but I was a little iffy if they really had them in stock.  Of course that Whole Foods is not easy to get to off the highway.  I felt like I had been driving for a long time before I got there.  And to make it even more fun you had to park on the roof and go down stairs or an elevator to the store.

After going through the whole store without finding them, I took one last look in a different section and found them!  But they only had pink and white.  They also had swim diapers, but none in DD's size.  I ended up buying 1 white to add to my collection.

On our way home DH called and was asking about dinner.  I was naming all the left over's when he said, I'd really like a Gyro.  So much for not going out to eat!!  So I turned around and headed for Mayfield to go to Best Gyro.  This trip also made it feel like I had been driving forever!!  I also think the tzakiki at the mall is better than Best Gyro's, but it was nice to have a Chicken Gyro.  This is also not a kid friendly place as there are only bar seats and only about 5 of them. 

2 comments:

  1. I will try best gyro. I've driven by their so many times. But i've never stopped! I LOVE nick's gyros and their tzakiki sauce is AMAZING!! I could eat it with a spoon!!!
    Ive been to the whole foods that you are talking about and i remember what a pain in the butt it was. I had the 2 kids with me and brooke was only a month old when i went. shame on them for not having more convenient parking especially for new mamas!
    I LOVE it when you go to a party and they have food out of the ordinary. Like cute skewers of food rather than pizza and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i just checked out the site for gyros.. I want the greek salad wrap!! im a wierdo i always want the meat-less things!! Gotta try it! Is it across from walmart on mayfield?

    ReplyDelete