Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rice Pudding and Meaty Pasta Sauce

This morning everyone went home and I was left for the first time alone with both kiddos!  I was scared my day was going to be a disaster, but it actually went well.  I was able to get a lot of things done.  I just remember having to hold DD a lot when she was little.  But maybe I just did that because I lived at my MIL's and was bored? 

In the afternoon I made some Rice Pudding.  I had made a bunch of rice last week when I was doing my freezer cooking.  I was thinking that I need to double the chicken and rice recipe.  It worked out perfect though because it was just enough for a a rice pudding recipe!  This recipe I got from Betty Crocker.  I was actually down to one egg, so I could only add one egg to the recipe.  I also added two teaspoons of vanilla instead of one.  I didn't add raisins because I don't like raisins in my rice pudding.

I still had some turkey burger in my fridge from what was supposed to become my second Turkey Meatloaf.  I needed to use it up, so I decided to do a pasta with meat sauce.  Since I wasn't going anywhere I made some homemade sauce.  Now I've never made sauce the same way twice, so here's a rough recipe I used.  I cooked up some garlic, onion, pepper (red and green), grated zucchini (still trying to use this up!) in a little EVOO.  I added some oregano, basil (Fresh chopped from my garden), and parsley when they were cooked up a little.  Once they cooked up a little, I added a can of crushed tomatoes.  I love making sauce with crushed tomatoes.  I think they taste better than diced and makes for a soupier sauce.  I also added a little bit of sugar to cut down the acidity of the tomatoes.

Right around dinnertime, I cooked up the turkey burger, added the sauce and made some pasta.  Super easy, filling dinner.  I used to babysit every Thursday night and the girls mom always would make pasta with meat sauce for us.  I also added my signiture breadstick to it, hehe!


Pasta with Meatsauce
Rice Pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment